Wednesday, November 17, 2010

1 month!!

What a difference a month makes! I thought I would be so much better at blogging...having SO MUCH TIME off...ha! Its hard to put him down most of the time as he wants to be held and I also feel bad when I do set him down to try to get something done. Eli is now 5 weeks old! He weighs 10lbs 11 oz when I took him to the doc on Monday. I wanted to see about getting him on some reflux meds as he seems to puke every time I lay him on his back. He's been having screaming fits where he just wont calm down and nothing I can do can make him happy.

Its been really very trying. I love my little guy more than anything and would never change having him...however...I had no clue how upset I would get at times and how helpless I would feel. Last night I had a mini breakdown...I think part of it was sleep deprivation as he had been up screaming from 10pm-2am the previous night *(that's when he typically starts his screaming fits). I was feeling like I couldn't get anything done. Housework is backing up...the animals are neglected and I was feeling totally useless and like a bad mother. I know these are semi normal feelings....just wishing I hadn't decided i needed 6 animals..cause now i have 7 babies lol ;)

Well like I promised here are some pics from over the past month!

This is our first excursion out to Carters and the first time in the stroller :) He looks so tiny in this pic!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is him plotting the downfall of our little yorkie....lol ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was one of his Halloween outfits on the way to go carve pumpkins with our friends.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was a last week on his playmat....working on holding his head up. He can hold it up really well if you're holding him and you're belly to belly...but he doesn't care for being flat on his belly on any other surface.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And these last few are from Monday playing in our leaves in the front yard. It was Joe's idea for a photo shoot and they turned out really well!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well I better run! Time for someone's bottle!!!

No comments: