Saturday, January 17, 2009

New infertility struggles and adoption.

Well.....last week we had my dh do a s/a just to be safe. We had no clue that I wouldn't be the only person with an i/f issue. His s/a came back with great count, good motility, but zero normal form sperm morphology. After some discussion, we decided that instead of spending thousands to try to fix his problem , which it might not work, and then doing invitro, which that might not work as well.....we were going to persue adoption. Right now, we are exploring the different agencies and the different ways to finance this. I'm really actually very sad about not being able to carry my own baby, however, excited at the prospect that we may actually have a baby of our own. I always knew I wanted to adopt at least one of my children, that it was a great thing to be able to do...give a baby a great home....and I'm happy to do this. I'll keep you posted on this journey.

No comments: